
My Mom:
First of all I need to mention that my mom is incredibly camera shy. I had to dig to find some pictures of her. I am never in pics either so I guess I better get in them or my kids won't be able to find any.. Side note- the pic from Colin's graduation- that is why when I get my hair done- Colin's only request is that I DO NOT GO RED! Anyway. My mom is the best. She is a total perfectionist and growing up with that is tough- I had no clue what "normal" was- not everyone cuts their own veggies, hollows out a cabbage, and buys a ton of kale to make a veggie tray. My mom does. Not many people would rent two additional table cloths per table- to exactly match bridesmaid dresses.. My mom does. But, everything she does turns out well as a result. She has been the unofficial wedding planner for (not joking) about 100 weddings. She has taken flower arranging lessons, cake decorating, sewing, and currently paints- AMAZING PICTURES! Which she took up a few years ago.. Plus she will totally take on the grandkids. Actually now, when I go visit we like to get a babysitter at least one afternoon and go hang out- just us (and any nursing baby..) I Love to just "hang out" with my mom. The kids absolutely LOVE going to her house. She gets up early with them, closes my door- and tries to let me sleep. She loves church service- sometimes a little too much- NEVER says no- which means she gets REALLY busy sometimes, since people know they can always count on her. This post could seriously go on forever; were I to list is all- but Mom- know that I love and appreciate you more then anything. You are a wonderful example to me in everything you do.

My Mother-in-Law
My sister's and I all compared notes when I got married and decided that I hit the mother in law jack-pot. She is wonderful. Besides absolutely adoring her own kids- not is a wierd, "you aren't good enough for my son way", more like a "that was the funniest thing I ever heard way" She absolutely ADORES the grandkids, and seems to honestly enjoy them. They do get a little tired of the hugs and kisses- but adore her in return. Karen is usually Switzerland in any family drama, tries not to get involved.. and has the funniest habit of adopting phrases that she likes. A few that come to mind are "I'm being a circus driver", "Love ya, mean it!"- which she adopted from a gay man in Portland after we gave him some cotton candy (right?!), and "I crave you" which is usually in reference to the grandkids. Karen is great at taking kids on walks- around the neighborhood and to Mc Donalds back in Portland- now on hikes up the road in Idaho and on the red rocks in St. George. It doesn't matter where she goes, she makes it fun for the kids.. we took her on the donut walk at my moms once and I think she was a little jealous of junk food that close. Donuts and Dt. Coke- if they had french fries she would probably move there. I love and appreciate her as well. I hope she knows how lucky I feel to have such a mother in law. Thank you for all you do and who you are.
Happy Mother's Day!!
2 comments:
I just love your mom! I can't even believe all that she does. She is always on the go! What a great example. And soooo talented! I love her painting that is hanging in the living room. . . it is amazing!
You and Colin both have great moms! I just love your mom...she is always so sweet when she sees me and is very genuine. Love her And Karen, always so positive! I must agree that you hit the jackpot in the mother-in-law department.
Post a Comment