They will always dress up their younger brothers in princess clothes...
They will look up to their older brother (or sister) as an example and for protection:
They will dress up with their sisters in funny clothes- pretty much until one of them gets married.. then they will try on the ugliest bridal gowns to make the other laugh..
They will look out for each other and be fiercely loyal when needed
They really are the best of friends, no matter how much they fight.

I absolutely do not know what I would have done in this life without my sisters. I have three older ones and they taught me everything!! Good and bad. But as different as the four of us are, and despite our respective "issues" we genuinely love each other. They are the first to know when one of us is pregnant, or miscarry, or when the kids are sick.. They are the ones we show our stretch marks to and who agree that you may need a tummy tuck..they are the ones we complain to about husbands and then fully expect them to forget everything we said once it is resolved.. They are those who can yell at my kids when they are naughty and I don't mind since I know they love them.. I have always only had one or two really good girl friends at a time and the reason was because I had my sisters to fill that need. Erin took my girls for a week after Liam was born! We all still keep in touch and WANT to see each other. I truly wish I lived closer to them.There is just an unconditional love - definitely a conditional LIKE- but the love is always underneath.. Now I am blessed with amazing sister-in-laws and although the relationships are not quite the same yet, they are pretty close.. I feel really lucky to have so many people that I call a "sister" and for all my friends who act like sisters.. I love and appreciate all of you. Thanks.
They will look up to their older brother (or sister) as an example and for protection:
They will dress up with their sisters in funny clothes- pretty much until one of them gets married.. then they will try on the ugliest bridal gowns to make the other laugh..
They will look out for each other and be fiercely loyal when needed
I absolutely do not know what I would have done in this life without my sisters. I have three older ones and they taught me everything!! Good and bad. But as different as the four of us are, and despite our respective "issues" we genuinely love each other. They are the first to know when one of us is pregnant, or miscarry, or when the kids are sick.. They are the ones we show our stretch marks to and who agree that you may need a tummy tuck..they are the ones we complain to about husbands and then fully expect them to forget everything we said once it is resolved.. They are those who can yell at my kids when they are naughty and I don't mind since I know they love them.. I have always only had one or two really good girl friends at a time and the reason was because I had my sisters to fill that need. Erin took my girls for a week after Liam was born! We all still keep in touch and WANT to see each other. I truly wish I lived closer to them.There is just an unconditional love - definitely a conditional LIKE- but the love is always underneath.. Now I am blessed with amazing sister-in-laws and although the relationships are not quite the same yet, they are pretty close.. I feel really lucky to have so many people that I call a "sister" and for all my friends who act like sisters.. I love and appreciate all of you. Thanks.
10 comments:
SISTERS ROCK! I LOVE ALL MY SISTERS. YES THERE ARE HARD TIMES AND WE HAVE OUR MOMENTS BUT IN THE END THEY ARE THE ONES BY YOUR SIDE NO MATTER WHAT! YOUR GIRLS ARE SOOOOO CUTE! LAYNE WOULD LOVE DRESSING UP WITH THEM!
i will be one of your fill in sisters and you can tell me i might need that tummy tuck too! have fun next week...if i don't see you before you go.
You made my eyes well up!! So true about sisters. I'm glad you're my sis-in-law and that you live so close. I know I can always count on you if I need anything and that my kids are loved by you even if they're being naughty!! Hopefully someday my girls will know how lucky they are to have sisters!!
Such a cute post. Do I count as a sister? Cause most of those things totally apply...
Have you figured out what is wrong with Ellie? I can't stop thinking about her....especially since Macks has been running a fever off and on for 3 weeks now....about 2-3 days at a time, then it breaks for a day or two and then comes back....104-106 too. What in the world? The Dr's just keep claiming it must be some kind of virus and to just keep him drugged on Motrin.....I'm not liking it one bit. I can't imagine what you are going through. You guys are in my prayers!
That was so sweet. I wish I lived closer to you. I love that you put in there that even though you might not agree you still love each other. HA! So true! I can't stop thinking about Ellie. Is she still running fevers?
amen to that. the pictures were so cute, and thank heavens for sisters and the friends who are our "sisters".
With no sisters I feel so left out. :(
Okay, so I'm having major contractions every five minutes...you know, kneeling by my bed and writhing in pain and then I looked at Jaime's text and my husband said, "You'd better call your sister right now!" He also appreciated that sisters and nieces sometimes take precendent! It helped me get through almost an hour of stage I labor. We were only at the hospital an hour when baby Quinn was born, but that's a different story...love you Slymer!
Sisters are great. Especially mine and especially from the other side of the country!
Post a Comment