Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ellie's New Bed


Ellie was looking through Pottery Barn Kids the other day and told me that she wanted a pretty girl room. She has been sleeping in Noah's room on a mattress on the floor.. just a little W.T.... So we decided that it was time for her to move back in with Rowan so we can move Liam to Noah's room.. He makes a lot of noise at night and I seriously cannot take it anymore!!!
First I have to say THANK YOU to Natasha!! She totally gave us the headboard and footboard for this bed. Colin repainted them and they look brand new and totally cute. Last week we finally got some boxsprings and a frame and today I put together while Colin was at work. Noah said, "Mommy, you can do ANYTHING!" Let's see daddy do this with 3 "helpers".. really I just wanted to get the boxsprings out of my family room....
Second- You have to take a good look at the quilt. This quilt is part of the reason we painted her room apple green. My mom started this quilt to match MY bedroom when I was Ellie's age. My sister found all of the pieces to it when we were in college and when we got married, my mom gave us each our quilt, finally finished.
While I was putting it together Ellie kept saying, "I so essited!!" and "Dis is so essiting day!!" and for the first time in MONTHS- she did not protest going to bed. She got right into her new bed and went to sleep.. Man, I so essited too!

8 comments:

Natali Thompson said...

That is darling! What a cute quilt-way to go Sister Price!

Angie said...

beautiful quilt. beautiful moms (you and your mom--and yes, you CAN do anything!) and going to bed without complaining? That is essiting!

natasha said...

LOVE the bed! colin did an amazing job and so did your mom on that quilt. what a great story. easy bed time is just what we moms need at the end of the day!

Kristie said...

Looks darling! Haley will be so jealous that Ellie has furniture! And yes, Maddy still has the WT bed on the floor too!

TulsaT said...

That is awesome! The quilt looks like something out of pottery barn also. Way to go Susie!

You will be so much happier with Liam out of your room. Really, I think it makes such a huge difference.

Tessie

Elise said...

How cute--all of her comments about being excited! What a beautiful quilt. Nice job everyone! :)

Betsy said...

that was so cute... and the quilt is beautiful!

Kath said...

That is such a cute story...and how cool is it that she gets to use your quilt!