Monday, May 12, 2008
Ellie Update.
Okay, this will be a quick one for all of you who have kept track of the Ellie fever situation. We got into an Immunologist- and as luck would have it, she spiked a fever the night before and still had it in the morning so I only gave her tylenol instead of Motrin knowing full well the tylenol would wear off by her appointment. So when the nurse took her temp it read 104.7, that combined with her just sitting there staring, he got to see what I see when she has a fever. Man- I should have done that sooner. Plus he not only studied the chart I made, he copied it for her record. He ordered some more blood tests, and put her on augmentin (antibiotic) for 3 WEEKS. Now if she spikes a fever we will hospitalize her and run some more tests- like a bone scan. So that was wednesday. He called me on Friday to check up on her, and left his personal cell number! I LOVE HIM!! But so far, so good with the fevers. I think she fought one off yesterday, but she didn't get one... So that is the latest.. Thanks for caring you guys..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you and your little one since you posted about it. I hope the antibiotics take care of whatever is going on!
I hope the fevers will not come back! we need sweet spunky elle back.
She definitely was a different girl at the park today. Glad some doctor finally took things seriously!
Poor things....all of you! How NOT fun! We will keep you guys in our prayers!!
Hey There! Talked to your sister for an hour last night, she told me about Ellie's Update. Glad they are paying attention now! Good luck with everything, keep ya in my thoughts and prayers! Happy late Mother's Day!!
I LOVE THAT! Doctors who genuinely care and take action! I am so happy that there is a game plan. I hope that you find out what it is soon and that it isn't anything serious. Keep us posted please.
i LOVE hearing this. i saw my personal general physician at costco today across town but acted like i didn't know him. i wasn't being rude just honoring that he was having a day off with his wife. hopefully i didn't seem like a wingnut! have fun this weekend!
I just can't believe it. Poor thing! Good for you for being so proactive and charting it and such. Keep us posted..I am following this :)
Post a Comment