Sunday, May 25, 2008

Girls Weekend!

How it all started: Our friend Russ organized a fantasy football league 2 years ago. Colin originally joined it more to get to know the other guys then because of football. So this group of guys is kind of the core group of those who play basketball on Sat. mornings.. Anyway, they have gone on two boys weekends, one to San Diego and a year later, one up to Brian Head to go ski/snowboard... So the wives of this group decided that it was our turn. We wanted to go to LA to see "Wicked". Two of the wives planned it and we all made arrangements to go- or thought we did and still ended up scrambling to find childcare at the last minute.... I took Liam with me and stayed at my parents since they live only 15 minutes from the hotel that the girls stayed in. This way Liam and I each had our own room and it was easier for my mom to watch him while I went and had fun... and I did!
Here is the Wicked sign on the outside of the Pantageous Theater on the Hollywood Walk of Fame..
Outside the Theater


Christina and her fistful of drugs at dinner before hand. I was fighting a headache and she was happy to oblige..


Inside the Theater on the stairs. This is one of the only pictures of everyone.. 12 is a very large group to try to get pictures of, make reservations, fit in cars, etc..

At the Beach House Restaurant


Miriam made arrangements for us to eat at the Beach House in Laguna Beach and so here we are waiting for our car. It was so beautiful that day- this is right before the "swimming with dolphins". After this, some went to massages, some went shopping, and Miriam and I just went to the beach- she swam, and I actually just sat there and did NOTHING, and it was everything I hoped it would be!! Before the show the girls went to the swap meet but I stayed at my moms and got to see my brand new nephew and then my sister and I went to get pedicures.
On Sunday everyone came to my dad's ward in HB and I guess having 12 women walk in caused quite the stir- one 17 year old was heard saying, "Whoa- Christmas came Early!!" I asked my mom if she told them that between us we have 38 children.. She said, "didn't have the heart."
The husbands at home didn't fare so well though- 3 dads had puking kids, 2 dads had kids with fevers, and 1 dad had a kid with a ruptured ear drum. It may be a LONG time before we get to do this again!! Still is was a blast!

9 comments:

TulsaT said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend. You are so lucky to have such a big core of good friends. That is so necessary when you don't have immediate family around.

natasha said...

i am glad you got to get away. we have girls weekend this weekend and i still haven't set up childcare. am i lame or what???

Chiara said...

I'm pretty sure that is not fair! ;)- How fun!! And to coordinate so that many girls could go?!?! That is some serious good work!

Nash said...

I am so JEALOUS! I saw Wicked a year ago exactly and have been itching to go again. I have planned (only in my head) a trip with all my friends, even though none of you know each other. I just think it doesn't even matter, we'd just be so happy to get out and do NOTHING, or EVERYTHING. I also want to hit the garment district in LA. just hang out and be kid free for 2 days, and i SO want to go see wicked again.
I'm so glad you have such a great group of women to hang out with.
P.S. YOU LOOK GREAT!

Nash said...

I would also love to see you and your 2 new babies. I might be able to make that work in SD. I am however driving myself and the kids to utah. Maybe I'll stop and see you. I was planning that sometime in july. We will be in SD next week, but we usually go more than once a summer. Keep me informed.

Kath said...

We are so going to do it again...little bouts with the pukies and fevers are good for the daddies' souls! Ha. Maybe we can try to pull it off again in like a year, when they have all forgotten about the prior incidents. That is one of the fabulous things about the hubbies...they don't tend to remember things for too long...

Elise said...

So thaaaaats who they all were! I was wondering. . . and then I didn't get to talk to you much after sacrament meeting. How fun for you--you definitely deserve it!

Amanda & Aaron said...

Whatever dude. My fantasy football league doesn't get together to do anything but the draft - I want to join Colin's league, put in a good word for me.

Nichole said...

Hi Jaimie...I just visited Kath blog and thought that was you! Wow, you look fabulous for just having a baby! How fun for you guys...I am WAY jealous...I heard WICKED is great but haven't been! We should get the law school girls together!!!