Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Publicity Dilemma

Ok- So the Show BIG LOVE on HBO is going to depict a "scene" of one of the women going through an LDS Temple ceremony.. something so sacred that not even all members of the church do it. They have promised the church that they would make the distinctions between the polygamy and the REAL LDS church. My reaction was to email HBO and tell them that I would cancel it if they make such a blatant mockery of our Temple Ceremony- especially since it will be misrepresented... However; here is what the Church said about it: see link on side- titled Publicity Dilemma.. The First Presidency of the Church is so level headed. I am glad since I tend to get a little worked up.

4 comments:

Nash said...

wow. it's so upsetting.
i guess i am glad i don't have HBO.
have you sent a letter?
should we?

carey said...

I got worked up a couple of days ago when someone emailed this info. & I gave HBO a little piece of my mind. I wish I would have read the church's statement first...

TulsaT said...

I got this too, I don't have HBO and I would cancel it if I did. Some things cross a line, this is it for me. I agree with what the Church put out, but I feel obligated to make my feelings known and take action.

Cooper Family said...

Am I totally dumb? I don't see the link to the church article.