Okay - So, I have been trying to be more thankful for all the little things. We had a lesson in Relief Society and near the end the teacher was quoting a talk that mentioned a child's tight squeeze around your neck.. Her voice cracked and the tears just flowed down my cheeks. Her only child has cerebral palsy. I don't think he as EVER been able to squeeze her tightly around the neck..... My kids are healthy, they are darling! I mean look at my baby, he is amazing and I take it for granted and frequently get annoyed and frustrated by their many abilities and energy. I am trying not to. I want to remember this stage as a happy time...Chaotic is okay, mean mommy is not.. It is flying by and this time, this house, these day to day things- are going to comprise my kids childhood. This is what they will remember and I need to do better enjoying them because they really are so sweet- underneath all the disasters!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
He is so Sweet!
Okay - So, I have been trying to be more thankful for all the little things. We had a lesson in Relief Society and near the end the teacher was quoting a talk that mentioned a child's tight squeeze around your neck.. Her voice cracked and the tears just flowed down my cheeks. Her only child has cerebral palsy. I don't think he as EVER been able to squeeze her tightly around the neck..... My kids are healthy, they are darling! I mean look at my baby, he is amazing and I take it for granted and frequently get annoyed and frustrated by their many abilities and energy. I am trying not to. I want to remember this stage as a happy time...Chaotic is okay, mean mommy is not.. It is flying by and this time, this house, these day to day things- are going to comprise my kids childhood. This is what they will remember and I need to do better enjoying them because they really are so sweet- underneath all the disasters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh what a babe! Good reminder, I need to hear that more often.
Oh that cute little face! I just want to hug him! Such a happy little guy.
He is so cute- and seems like such a happy baby!
wow he looks so much like noah! he is getting so big! I agree we sometimes get wrapped up in the day to day stuff we forget to stap and pay attention to the relly important things!
Love that smile! He is going to be one soon. . . WHAT?
This has been on my mind too, especially since Pres. Monson's talk! It is hard to keep it all in perspective sometimes!
Post a Comment