I usually make Corned Beef and Cabbage for St. Patricks Day, and we try to have people over to share in the joy.. (I remember when we had Kath and Cody over because Cody asked when I had bought all the ingredients..) but because this year I will probably be in California - where my mom will make in on St. Patrick's Day, I made it early. Noah was NOT thrilled about the idea of cooked cabbage. Here are some excerpts from our dinner time coaxing.. Noah "Can I just not eat the cabbage?" Me "You have to eat at least some of it." Noah,"Ew, where can I put it?" Colin, "Your mouth." Noah "Yeah, that's not going to work for me.."
Later in the meal (where I am feeding him bites like a baby). Noah "I need a drink of water". Me, "why?" Noah, "to wash my fear away.." Me "fear of what?" Noah "the cabbage monster." So I told him he was going to have to eat it again at grandma's and he said, "grandma won't make me eat this." He is probably right.
6 comments:
That is hilarious. Once again, Noah comes up with things to say that are way beyond his years!
Sharp kid, that Noah! By the way, I love the bows you are making. You better believe that if I ever need one, I'm comin' to you!
That picture is priceless!! I can't say I blame him though!
hahaha - why is it that we still have to spoon feed our 5 yr olds sometimes?(I even still do it with Mason...and he's 7) I swear - nothing furiates me more! I just don't get it?!?! I tell my boys, "I'm pretty sure you have arms that work, so pick up your spoon, get some food on it, and put it in your mouth! NOW!" How hard can it be right? HOWEVER - I do have to say what a mean mom you are to make your child eat cabbage! ;)- hahaha
Hey I gave your name, blog site and phone number to a lady in the mall today. She was flipping out over Bailey's star binki clip.
Hope you don't mind:)! We are awesome free advertising!
i am seriously still laughing at this blog. this has to be my favorite blog post ever. that noah is something. the food hiding cracks me up! hope you had a safe trip and the kids didn't go nuts!
Post a Comment