Cupcake size 3-D train cars..
Rowan's first birthday (princess theme- limited supplies to work with..)
Noah's First birthday- Yes back then I actually MADE the multicolored chocolate animals on it..
Ellie's First Birthday cake- the colored wings are melted, smooshed and cut out starbursts..
I had to finagle this one- I used a heart pan and an additional little circle pan- mini oreos for spots and colored coconut grass... The eyes and flowers make it cuter then it was.. Still pretty proud of it..


Noah's second birthday (still and only child at this point...) He loved Thomas the Train, so I got the 3-D cake pan..
Okay, here are some of the cakes I have made for past birthdays or that I have the pans for. So if anyone wants to borrow a cake pan- I will gladly lend them out, don't buy one, I already did! Some of the cakes did not turn out so great and I tried to put them in descending order of my favorites. Ellie's ladybug turned out the best- but putting Noah's face on the front of his Thomas Train Cake was hilarious...
10 comments:
Wow, I am so impressed! Baking cakes is just one of those things that I am not good at, but wish I was.
OK I am a slacker MOM! Last year my MIL bought cakes and all three kids threw up. I always want to do something cool. I wish I lived close and could borrow. What can I do for paul's 30th this year? How bout all 3 kids in June. I saw a cute dumptruck with ding dongs piled in and white dots to make them look like tires. It was cute. I picture camo for Vance or sports theme.
But I have to focus, Paul's is sat.
You are such a good, fun, creative MOM. I need lessons.
You did a fantastic job on all of them. OOH I saw a cool blog with cakes, I'll find it and send to you.
you are awesome. IF i didn't love the dairy queen ones so much, i might have to get into this. i made nya a ladybug cake though for hers last year and felt like the mom of the year. :)
for your friend and the 30th birthday cake, on michael's 30th i had a picture of him when he went to the prom at 18 put on it (albertsons does this and they have a great buttercream cake). it was a huge hit!
I loved all of them, but especially the lady bug- but I don't know if you recall or not- I'm a HUGE ladybug fan! :) WAY TO GO! The ark was also quite cute I thought.
Those are amazing! You should go into business (with all of your spare time! HA)
http://www.gymbohaven.com/gymbohavenboutique/home.html
great ideas here.
come and lets make bows.
http://www.gymbohaven.com/gymbohavenboutique/home.html
great ideas here.
come and lets make bows.
Okay...so you are MY MOM!! She did wicked awesome birthday cakes for all 8 of us kids every year. I'm more of the "go buy a cake" kind of mom! ;)- Or better yet - have Grandma make the cake!! :)
Savana's cake you did last year was awesome...can I hire you again?
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! Doesn't surprise me though.
Post a Comment