Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Just some updates!


We have a new niece! Taylor Capri was born at 5:30pm on Friday, October 5th. Colin was out of town and so I got to watch the other girls. It was cute to see how Haley reacted to everything, I could tell she was worried about the whole situation and then once we got news that they baby was safely born and all was well, she visibly relaxed and even started wrestling with Noah and the two of them were laughing their heads off. Noah and the little girls were pretty clueless.. It is amazing how in an instant, the family adds another member, and they have their own little place. She is darling and looks alot like Maddie.
My parents drove up on Saturday and left pre-dawn to make it to Noah's soccer game. Good thing too, since I could not have done it by myself, and he played his heart out for them! It was fun to see my parents. I have been analyzing myself a lot lately and you can watch my parents and just see why I do the things I do.. Even Colin commented on it. My kids had a great time with grandma and grandpa and finally my dad had to ask me to tell Ellie to stop asking for him to come help her in the bathroom... "Grandpa, come wipe me!!!" Then they wanted to leave with them- "I go with you in your car, okay?" Ellie said... So I think we need to plan a trip to California for that and to see the cousins. Ellie asks every day if she can go to peanut's house. I really wished we lived closer- Erin and I could really help each other out some days... Usually the days I use up all my cell phone minutes talking to her... I think everyone needs a sister, it really is a unique relationship, and I have 3... Second to that are good friends- the ones that act like sisters, and even get mad and forgive like sisters... Okay pregnancy hormones are starting to talk now...
So I will finish before I start crying, but other news I start my two weeks visits to the OB now and I can't believe it- that or the weight gain this month.. If you have seen me, you probably aren't surprised... An old guy at the gym said, "I hope all goes with for you." I didn't know if that was a comment on my exercising while pregnant (back in his day, they didn't do a dang thing...) or if he really meant good luck- so I just said, "Thanks, it's my 4th!" I really wanted to say that I am lucky to make it to the gym at all and half the time I go just for the free babysitting and do the eliptical machine with no resistance, and feel 100x better for it when I leave.... so there. The blog is all about the rant right?

2 comments:

natasha said...

ranting is certainly all a blog is about. how are you? you really do look fabulous! what can i do to help you? lunch one day? playdate with the kids?

Kath said...

I hope I am sister-friend! I am especially grateful for sister-friends, too...my sisters have lived too far away for too long and our kids are at totally different places in life...not sure what I would do without the friends who are walking the same roads I am!