
Sorry to those with weak stomachs for this kind of stuff.. But a few weeks ago, at my moms, while I was watching my four tinys and their complete lack of judgement, I thought- we are going to be in the ER a lot from now on... and last night we were. Rowan was standing on a chair eating chips at the table and the chair slipped and she hit her head on the seat of the chair- totally splitting it open. Of course it was a busy night for all of our friends- thank you to those who got mad that I didn't call you out of your various commitments.. and so we dumped the two older ones at Chris and Kristies and went to the ER. Luckily by us there is a pediatric ER, with a short wait (and a $200 co-pay..) Rowan entertained the whole crowd in the waiting room by saying hi! and then dancing to music on Colin's IPOD. She ended up with 3 staples and let me tell you- it took all four of us to get them in. The papoose board was no match for a third child who is used to defending herself... But this morning she was back on the chair- and even fell off again, sort of... Didn't I say there is a serious lack of judgement (and some exhausted parents who didn't know she had even gone downstairs..) Actually, this is only our second head wound so far requiring suturing.. pretty good considering my children and their propensity for jumping off things..
8 comments:
The best part about those pictures is the fact that you totally have a bow in her hair, despite the gushing blood of the head wound and the hospital gown! You are so my friend! Though, I am still a little bitter that you didn't call me to help you...well, I guess its OK since you called family first, but had it been other friends...I would have been a little ruffled. Kidding of course...I'm just glad she is OK.
How sad! It brought me back to Noah's injury at your parent's house. I am just waiting for my turn. I sent you an email with a question. Check it out and let me know the answer. I definitely need to come visit and see the cute kiddos in person. It has been too long.
In the ER, with a head wound and she looks adorable!! Russ informed me of the incident but it was well after the fact! Glad it turned out ok. Let's get together soon!
That is so sad, I am not looking forward to the rushing to the ER trip... I know it will happen but wish it wouldn't... I can't even keep up with One kid, I have no idea how you do it with 4!!! You're AMAZING!!!
Poor little girl!
Those papoose things are crazy and I can't imagine how yucky for her it had to be. When we had kennedy in one, she fought it so bad, (they did stitches on the inside of her foot).
Seeing those pics reminded me of Paul's.
The worst part is they have to removed.
Glad you are holding up ok.
on a side note, check this out,
http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
right up the alley of what we were talking about earlier. take care of yourself so you don't wind up sick!
Yoowwwwch! See seems pretty resilient though. Such a bummer :(
I had to laugh. Jackson was throwing up blood and so we took him in late (like 1am) one Saturday night. It took all four of us for them to get the tube in his nose so they could flush his stomach. I can relate.
Post a Comment