Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2 going on 20


Okay, so I was in the other room and Elliot came to tell me that she needed help putting the milk BACK into the fridge. She had gotten a chair (see pic), climbed up to get the sippy cups down, somehow got the milk out of the fridge, poured it into the cups - both for herself and for Rowan, (being the good big sister that she is) and got the lids on the sippy's as well. She told me, "I spilled a yittle on the couter but I wiped it up with the towel.." So the second time I caught her doing it, I tried to get an actual picture.



Here she is with Liam. From the pictures you can't tell that he was lying on the couch (probably asleep) and she just went and picked him up and made him comfortable. She actually does a good job - especially for her age, but I have caught her twice trying to CARRY him and so now if she picks him up without asking she gets put on time out. The kid is too freakin strong for her own good. She is so physically able that I am scared to death that she will overestimate herself, and do the baby some harm on accident. She loves that baby so much... a little TOO MUCH... but she CAN get him calmed down and likes to tell others what to do with him. She was making suggestions to Aunt Kristie on how to make him stop crying. So far I have 2 very independent and bold children. Anyway.. keep you posted..

5 comments:

Kath said...

She is my favorite. But she is getting so big...I want her to stay little!

Natali Thompson said...

That is so cute! She is absolutely darling. That is exactly how Holly would be if she were lucky enough to have younger siblings. She gets to test out her "mommy" skills on her cousins!

natasha said...

these are the cutest pics and stories. too fun!!! can noah come play? mike wants to know...

Nat said...

could ellie be cuter?

Nichole said...

What a cutie! It sounds so cute when it is somebody elses kiddos getting into the milk. When my monkeys do it, it ends up being more than just a little spill. But isn't it so sweet when they even try to clean it up on their own! Your four little ones are so darling! How fun!