Friday, December 21, 2007

Baby Names!!

Okay- I thought that I had solved the baby name crisis with the name Finn. I really like it, Colin HATES it. Now we are REALLY stuck. Some other names that have been recently suggested- again the criteria: Must be short or have a short nickname, spelled normally, and be obviously BOY.. My two girls have ambiguous names so he can't...

Tate- Cute, not sure how well it grows up...
Teague or Teegan
Grey or Greyson
FINN
Carson
Rourke
Crew- which my sister has loved forever and would only give up begrudgingly, and because her husband said there is NO WAY they will ever name a child that...

Anyway- we are still taking suggestions!!!

It has to go with Noah, Ellie, Rowan, and ???
for example, I think that Owen is a cute name- however; it rhymes with Rowan- can't do it...

Please HELP!!

6 comments:

Nat said...

I like Tate, my brother had a friend in HS named Tate, it grows up well.

The only Teagan I know is a girl, can't do that.

I love Greyson, I tried to talk my sister in law into that but she went with Grayden. They call him Gray and it's an adorable "nickle" name, as my niece would say.

Finn is different but not my first choice. I went to daycare with a Finny when I was little and I always thought he had a weird name.

Carson is kind of boring and has no nick name.

Crew is cute too but there might be 5 others in his kindergarten class.

However, I still love Madden. But while we are on the sports theme what about Beckham? I think that is darling. I also know two boys named Jett. I gagged but it is short and manly.

Theres my 10 cents for you...are you sorry you asked?

Nat said...

That was like the longets comment ever...sorry!

Karen Scoffield said...

There is a guy in our ward named Flynn. What do you think of that? A little different for Colin. Or Flinn..I know sometimes you like a name because the person is nice, so maybe that is why I like it. I know a Tate that is a girl...if that helps. Good luck!

carey said...

Have you thought about Gavin? I like this one. Not a huge fan of Teegan (sorry). Tate is cute. I agree with Nat on Finn. I like Carson...ever thought about Carter? What about using the William idea? We love Liam, of course. But, Will is also a great shorter version! Sorry, probably too much info. here.

Alison said...

Well according to the vote that you had Lucas won. The name problem should thereby be resolved.

What happened to the name Wolf that you always talked about? Did you just grow out of those Robin Hood Prince of Thieves days?

I say that you go with Colin Jr. Then you can call him C.J. It is short, male, and easy to spell. Therefore it meets all the criteria that you suggested.

Nash said...

We have an older cousin named Tate he's a PHX fireman. We were the same way with Vance's name, you remember. I had him the day after we decided.
I have already given you names but hmmmm how bout. I like Finley/Finn. Don't gag but I love Hank/henry. (just imagine a cute boy) Not into teagan. Knew a boy named Grey, cute. I love love JEtt. Scout is also a fave, or Stone, Ridge. Names of cute boys my kids go to school with. Oh justice is a boy in K's class.
Well Good Luck only you will know.