Saturday, May 23, 2009
MY Housecleaners!
I came home from the gym today, and Colin had the kids totally clean their rooms and the upstairs. I then told them that since they did such a good job upstairs that they would get a candy reward for helping clean the Downstairs... Noah did a great job, and the girls to a lesser extent.. Which makes me grateful that although I would love housecleaners, the very fact that I can't afford them right now, is forcing me to teach my young children how to clean the house... They are learning valuable life skills that I would be too overwhelmed to teach, if it was not a necessity at this point. I guess that my kids will be our housecleaners- just like Colin was in his family growing up, and the way we were in our house growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh please...Colin never cleaned at his house. His mom did everything for those boys!! ;)-
That explains A LOT!!!
hahaha - I knew it would!! :)
I am deeply offended and hurt by this conversation! While I do admit that I have a wonderful mother, she did not do everything for me and Chris. And, I would like to know WHAT this explains?...on second thought, please do not answer that question publicly.
I think it is great that you are having to teach your kids responsibility. I think kids need that and they need to learn these skills. Good job to both of you.
HaHa!! Love it! Karen did do tons for those boys...fortunately for me I've trained Chris well:)
hahah - Oh Colin...you know I love you!!
Okay- the best part is that Colin's mom agree with you Chiara!! She just couldn't comment because her internet is too slow at the Lake House.. Which would be a great place to host a Sunset ward reunion...
Of course Karen agrees with me....because I'm right! ;)-
I would give my right arm to have a little reunion....
It is good for kids to learn that. then they will always be able to tke care of themselves. I have been doing dishes since I was old enough to put a chair in front of the sink.
Post a Comment