
Okay, so I finally buckled and started the Twilight series. Love you guys, but the Mormon social culture is so crazy and I think it is funny how we seem to do things because another Mormon is involved... So I was kind of a holdout because of that... It took some serious convincing that it was actually a normal book that HAPPENED to be by a Mormon author for me to finally read it. and I am totally engrossed. I read the first one in under 24 hours.. the second took me about that long too... I am trying not to start another until I get some Laundry folded but I am kidding myself if I think I am not going to immediately go start #3 as soon as I am done with this- the problem is: I totally made Kath come with me to the grocery store the other night because of freakin JAMES... I don't do scary ANYTHING... and it is because my imagination is WAY worse than any movie or book could ever be and it doesn't take much to get it racing... Kath has been totally laughing at me because first: she has been telling me to read them forever and second: because I am a total chicken... But I HAD to read them before the movie came out..I have a thing about that...but that is going to be one SERIOUS GIRLS NIGHT OUT, Right Kristie??? Gonna bring your Edward?? just kidding...love ya.
Okay so next question: what do you think of who they have cast as Edward? and if you no likey- who would you have cast instead?
12 comments:
I didn't like the books, well I stopped after the first one. Didn't like how insecure Bella was even at the end of the book. I will say that maybe had I known it was about vampires before I started reading, I may have liked it. I just could NOT believe that all the rage was over a vampire LOVE story. I was in shock.
I will see the movie, but do not like who they cast. Don't know who I'd rather see, maybe we'll like them by the end, sometimes that happens.
Maybe James Franco? Paul Walker( are they too rugged)?
I buckled too. My friend bought the first one for me back in February and I was hooked (but wouldn't admit it to anyone because. . . a young adult vampire love story? Come on! How embarrassing!) Now I'm ok with admitting it :)
Anyway, I have read all of them and I loved the series.
So--forget James! What about that scary girl vampire with the red hair and red eyes that would lurk above the water way out in the ocean!!?! (I already forgot her name). THAT is the one that scared me the most! I'm pretty sure that was in book #2, but if not, that won't ruin anything for you.
No opinion yet about the cast of the movie.
i can't stand who they cast as edward. he was supposed to be HOT like jake gyllenhaal or something. whom by the way is WAYYYYYYYYYY hotter in person!
My sister was all for the guy who plays Clark in Smallville..the bronze hair is tough though...
halfway through the 4th...
What! Already? At the pool you hadn't finished the 3rd!! Definitely girl's night out, but Chris might beg to come along! HaHa!! Don't think Edward is that good looking, but he might grow on me after I see the movie.
They definently should have cast someone hot. I don't think whoever they did cast is very good looking. I can't wait to see the movie I heard it is coming out in nov instead of december! I was like you I read the books so fast! I neglected family and house to just keep reading.
I loved the books too. I read the first 3 in 3 days and counted the days until the 4th arrived. Poor Ryan was neglected during the reading, but I think he liked the increase in passion if you know what i mean... wink, wink... I am totally disapointed about the guy they chose for Edward... too skinny - not tough enough!
I like the James Franco route.. he could pull off bronze hair and golden eyes and still be beautiful...good idea Shanda..
I am so glad you are reading them! I am obsessed. It took me about that long to read them also-in fact I have read the first 3 four times and the last one just once. The guy for Edward is a hottie in Harry Potter-but we will see how he does as Edward. Personally, I am a Jacob fan. We are seriously planning on renting out the entire theater!
I loved "Cedric" from the first time I saw him in Harry Potter. :) BEAUTIFUL. Honestly. I think he'll be fabulous...
My wife is about done with Book 4 and has been lukewarm to them. I read the first one and thought it was tripe, although I can see why women might like it. It definitely is written from a female fantasy perspective of what a man/lover ought to be. I thought it was layed on way too thick, and found Bella too be far too goofy, awkward and otherwise helpless to find all that endearing.
But what do I know. I'm a guy, not the target audience for those books.
Post a Comment