Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sulpher and Moss..

So it appears that for the first time since High School. I went on a SUPERDATE. Really what other name is there for when 9 couples go on a highly organized outing that involves relay races? So I have mentioned before that Cody works for Lake Las Vegas (sort of..) and there is a lot of really cool things out there- so this month he was in charge of our group activity and decided to get the dragon boats- like canoes that fit 20... and have a series of timed activities- the team with the quickest accumulative time being the winner.. So first he had us draw bandanas out of a bag to decide the teams. We were on the Orange team- GO O!

Then we all got in the boats...
Notice how the blue team has their life jackets on... they were THAT SCARED of us... I think it was the drum....

Or it could have been our perfectly synchronized paddling...

Now I am missing some pictures because I was just too interested in the contests.. but first we had a golf ball recovery contest- who could recover 3 golf balls out of the Lake first... the nasty mossy lake. Lucky for us we had Callaway Ryan, the golf ball whisperer... who along with Russ jumped into the nasty lake and got the balls off the bottom. So really, that was the only clean win of the whole night..except maybe for basketball later... anyway, on to the Peddle boat contest: Let the cheating begin...

Notice the poor couple taking wedding photos out on the point..probably totally ruined the pics for them... So we had a relay and then when we started to get behind and it looked like they were going to make us the time lost on the golf ball contest, Colin totally jumped into the Lake and grabbed the back of the blue team's Peddle boat... so then Jeremy jumped in and grabbed the back of ours... so then a few others jumped in to help... and then EVERYONE smelled like Sulpher and Moss...

From there we raced to a secret beach near some horseshoe pits.. Can I tell you how TIRED our arms were by this point- don't know about you, but I don't PADDLE very often... So after the controversial horse shoe tossing we headed back to the boats to take them back... By this time we were a little TOO Hungry and competitive...

So we decided to have dinner before we continued... (GOOD CALL) So feeling full and happy and exhausted we headed into the final two contests... as I said before the Basketball shooting contest was a clean win for the blue team- and so onto the puzzle contest- which really should have been discounted since we didn't have all of our puzzle pieces, not to mention the fact that I GOT ROBBED. Literally. Tackled. Bag of puzzle pieces ripped from my hands... by a certain competitor that is a TRUE COMPETITOR... (and a guy, much bigger and stronger than I)... But whatever- I'm over it... :) Colin DID start the blatant cheating... Paybacks a *#*@*!

But I am pretty sure we all ended up friends... at least I am honestly cool with everything and I am probably the most likely to hold a grudge. Of the 18 people there. Not kidding. (Not a trait I am most proud of..)
Totally a fun night. Thank you Kathryn and Cody for planning and refereeing a totally great activity. And thanks C and K for watching our kids, and thanks everyone for really good food. We had a blast! And now can't move our arms...

11 comments:

natasha said...

looks like a blast!

Natali Thompson said...

That looks like SOOOO much fun! Way to go orange! Is that Russ Harrison??
Oh, and if it isn't diarrhea then it is the marker mess...you have your hands full!

Kristie said...

Fun, fun, fun!! That's awesome that you have that group of friends to do these things with!

Natali Thompson said...

That is funny-we went to the same high school (he was a year older so I never actually went to school with him) and I dated one of his friends (Dave Tullis) for a little while. I am not sure if he remembers me but tell him hello.

Amanda & Aaron said...

Okay, this looks like a total blast. But you can't tell me you didn't go on any "SuperDates" while at BYU. I thought in order to graduate you needed to enroll in at least one per semester. (of course, BYU Superdates usually consisted of something totally lame and cliche like hiking the "Y" or Nutty Putty Caves or Smores in the Canyon. (okay, I'll admit I like Smores.))

slymer said...

I don't think the type guy who planned superdates at BYU was interested in dating ME. The closest I came was a guy having me order dessert first. We didn't go out again...

carey said...

1) You made a great drummer in the boat.
2) Shandon totally cheated on the puzzle game.
3) I am still sore.
4) I love that you really did title your post "Sulpher and Moss."
5) I'm going on a diet (those pictures prove that a few lbs. really do make a difference. oy.

Elise said...

Awesome! That sounds like so much fun!

Hansen Family said...

Way cath and cody sure know how to put on a party! that sounds fun.

Staci said...

I have to say my brother is quite the creative one... Made for fun times when I was little... Except the time that he was baby sitting and thought it would be a good idea to hang me in the closet in my snow suit for TWO hours!!! Looks like fun... Wish we lived closer!

Nichole said...

Saw you pics on Kath blog, so I thought I'd see how you are doing. Looks like you guys have a great group of friends! How fun!!!

Your kids are darling...and your busy days look much like mine...from poopy diapers to stitches...amazing that you look so great!