Monday, August 11, 2008

The Lakehouse


Okay this is a REALLY LONG blog- hopefully you don't get bored. So Colin and I packed the kids up and drove 18 hours to his parents Lakehouse on Lake Pend O'rielle (pronounced Ponderay) in Northern Idaho.. The kids were surprisely good in the car- especially for their ages.. and we spent the week with Colin's parents and brother's families- 12 kids ages 7 and under!!!! 12. That is A LOT by the way! They all did pretty well though and we have a feeling it will only get easier as they get older.. the big kids were great this year. Actaully the trip was a total blast and here are some pics:

The Lakehouse as seen from the lake- it is not usually covered in drying beach towels.. Everything in the picture is their property..

The view FROM the back deck of the Lakehouse.. the loungechairs were still folded up..

Noah and the boy cousins showing off as we came it to park the boat... they caught grasshoppers all week long.. AND actually caught fish with them..

Grandpa would take any kids who wanted to go- to go feed the squirrels or chipmonks every morning..

Ellie and Maddy sleeping on the floor.

Liam on the front door step.. next to Hermione the fake duck..

I made Ellie and Rowan swim out to the tramp with me and they were NOT HAPPY!!

Rowan was still mad in this picture and was until she was back on shore..

Can you believe Rowan was allowed a sucker in Jerry's boat? actually, not sure he knew she had it... shhh- j/k Jerry

Ellie was pretty content just riding in the front of the boat

Noah and the boys loved jumping off the front of the boat to swim

The twins...

Being twins....

Elliot skied- with a bribe of nailpolish AND a SODA... She stood up too early and then kind of sat back down and then never stood up all the way again- but she went a LONG way like this. Her cousin Maddy did the same thing and then the second time she skied she actually stood up- so I will figure out really good bribes for next year... This is the awesome ski set up for where rope is attached to the skis and the person on the boat lets go when they fall...

This year Noah got up using a regular rope! We are trying to progress every year..

Colin skiing. He mostly wakeboarded since it is a lot easier on your body (until you fall..)

The only picture of me water skiing- and on the WORST water we had all week! Later I got a great run in- but, NO CAMERA. However; I did come home with a bruised calf- so I know I got some decent cuts in- just not in this picture..

All 12 grandkids! From Left to Right- McKay, Haley, Elliot, Cameron, Maddy, Taylor, Avery, Rowan, Liam, Kellen, Noah, and Cade.


The Family... okay my arm looks really funny in this picture. I HOPE it doesn't really look like that.. anyway; it was a really fun week and it was so great to be able to ski again!! I had not skied or wakeboarded since before Noah was born- so 6 years I guess!! I was a little more timid than I used to be.. but hopefully it will all come back in the next few years!! Thank you Karen and Jerry for an awesome week!!

14 comments:

natasha said...

suicidal that drive was but it looks like a lot of fun!

Autumn said...

THAT LOOKS SO FUN!
AND SO BEAUTIFUL TOO!
YOUR KIDS ARE SO CUTE, YOUR GIRLS ARE LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKE EACH OTHER!
WE ARE GOING WAKE BOARDING IN 2 WEEKS, CAN'T WAIT!!

Camille said...

what a blast. that place looks amazing and so relaxing! glad you finally got to ski again. isn't it funny how many things we don't do while we are having kids?!? don't worry it will all come back to you ;)

Elise said...

How fun! That trampoline too? Heaven for kids! I'm glad that you guys had a great time.

TulsaT said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun, and no mention of calls to Poison Control, so all in all, I would say a successful trip!

Natali Thompson said...

That place is amazing! Way to go on all the skiing. I haven't tried the regular rope with my kids yet.

My brother got married last week and when we were at the temple, my mom was working in the baptistery and she came down to tell me that the HB stake was there for youth conference. She talked to Shanna and Bro Lang, Pres Parker...I was so sad I didn't see any of them! What a small world though-

Natali Thompson said...

You are right on their names-look at you! I can't believe Ryan is a cop! I still think of him as so little. You need to put some family pictures with your siblings on-Megan, Erin, Jen, Ryan, the whole gang! That is cool your dad was there too-I don't think my mom saw him. I would LOVE to get together if you come to town sometime!

Hansen Family said...

That looks so fun. I wish i were there!

Amanda & Aaron said...

You guys are getting pampered too much with all the vacations. Beach house, lake house, etc. The lake looks awesome - what a fun time.

Amanda & Aaron said...

And 18 hours in the car?! Brave you are.

Betsy said...

That lake house looks like something right out of a movie. I am sure as your kids get older they will be anxious for the drive because they will remember what awaits. How fun... I'm not going to lie- I am SO JEALOUS!

Kristie said...

Wish I were back there!! A week is way too short, especially if you drive!

Kath said...

The lake house looks beautiful. We may have to totally take you up on heading up there one year. The drive, however, may be a deterant...You look great skiing...1st time since WHEN did you say? Except for that sneaky little move last summer...while pregnant...or am I not supposed to publicize that one?

Nat said...

Wow, I want to live there! That place is amazing, no wonder the 18 hour drive is worth it! Love the family pic at the end, so cute!