First solution that comes to mind? Possible jail time for frivolous Ambulance and ER use.
Friday, November 5, 2010
My Thoughts on Healthcare...
So I was talking to my friend at dance who is a Las Vegas Fireman (that is probably why he gets to take his daughter to dance at 1pm in the afternoon). But he was saying that he got a 911 call and the lady said, "Take me to the ER." He asked why did she need to go and she said, "I have a cold, I need cold medicine." He said, "why don't you go to Walmart and buy cold medicine instead." She said, "because it is $2.50 to ride the bus each way, and I will have to buy the cold medicine when I get there." He replied, "So you want the taxpayers to pay $800 for an ambulance ride, $500 for an Emergency Room visit, and another $100 for prescriptions- Just so that YOU don't have to pay $11.00 for cold medicine?" Then he said, "No, I won't send you in an ambulance." She said, "You have to, I called 911." and he said "to heck with that, I am not wasting taxpayer money to save you $11!" She wanted to get his supervisors name and number which he gladly gave her. THAT is what is wrong with healthcare. By the way, I am still making monthly payments on my little trip to the ER after my CAR ACCIDENT and CT SCAN.. Wish I had a "Sammy card" which is what the lady called her medicaid card (since Uncle SAM pays the bills)- then maybe I would feel entitled to free health care as well....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
couldn't agree more.
seriously! what the crap!
HAHA I was clicking on your comment link and the first thought I had to say in my comment was Couldn't agree more... then I read the first comment. haha. good times. Yeah I see it all the time at my clinic. It's way abused. especially here in Provo. Way too may students have it. All because they "don't want to work..." Well do you think I want to work 76 hours a week at 8 month pregnant? Or go back to work 2 weeks after I have my baby? Or pay 120 bucks a month for my own health insurance, and who knows how much that will go up when I add my husband and baby to it... No- but you do what you have to do. You take responsibility and you become a grown up. I can get pretty heated about this topic if you haven't noticed! haha!
Post a Comment