Monday, February 9, 2009

Behind the Music 2

Okay- you have to play along and go click on Bouncing Round the Room by Phish. This song was on my TAPE I played in my WALKMAN... Yeah, I know... so click on it, it should be number 2..

I went to London on Study abroad and I would jog in Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park every day.. Here are pictures from my route...
Kensington Palace- Princess Di actually lived there at the time..

One of the Gardens of the Palace.. I used to wave at the security cameras as I ran by..

Note: PIGEONS EVERYWHERE!!!


The couple practically doing it..saw A LOT of PDA!!
The Peter Pan Statue..


This was the end of my run, the home stretch- this is where Bouncing Round the Room would start, and it would take me all the way back to the London Center.... The song always takes me back here... there was an old guy, a TOTAL CLICHE, who would sit on that bench and say, every time I passed, "Good mornin my dear! 'Ave a lovely day!!" I got to where I would look forward to it..

3 comments:

TulsaT said...

It's amazing how music can take us back.

carey said...

Man, I am seriously jealous - - that looked like it was a blast!

CBT said...

London. Dang, was it really 12 years ago Jaime? Time flies.... you just made me really miss the place in the worst way today.

For V-Day weekend 12 years ago I bought my 3 roomies some chocolate, then took a train to Belgium for the weekend with a guy I was going to school with named Dave. I do not even remember his last name now. But we crashed in Brussels, then went to Brugge and Ghent from there. Hit some amazing chocolate festival up in Brussels and spent way too much money. In other words, was a great trip.